dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: verifying findbugs errors

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:17:03 -0500

On Apr 4, 2011, at 5:08 PM, Justin Lee wrote:

> Like many of you, I've received a glut of findbugs emails listing
> various issues. I've started to whittle away on my list but I can't
> seem to recreate that error report locally to verify the issue. In
> fact, when I check the (internal) hudson job listed on the wiki, it
> doesn't even list the issues I've been emailed about. Running it
> locally on, say, admin/config-api, I get 0 errors before even
> changing the code. So my question, how can I create that report
> locally so that I can do a pre/post check to verify i'm satisfying
> the analysis parameters. Running "mvn findbugs:findbugs" in that
> directory or the root doesn't seem sufficient.

I have found the same.

I have aliased mvn to include -Dfindbugs.threshold=Low so the level
should not explain the differences I see.

Also, today I have received several messages in which all of the
flagged lines have someone else's ID. The message says "...in the
lines of code that you last modified..." but that doesn't seem to be
accurate.

Can anyone shed some light?

- Tim