dev@glassfish.java.net

LDAP authentication - jsf pages for user login/registration

From: <java4dev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:40:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I am new to web development and decided to use glassfish as application
server.
My problem is that I found the available documentation incomplete for
many things I need to do.
First thing I have to do is to figure out how to setup authentication
and registration for my application.

I first tried to use a JDBC realm and I found through google search
dome blogs describing how to setup a jdbc realm and a form based
authentication, but the problem is that they define only two tables,
one for users and on that is basically relation between users and
groups, no roles at all and no accee control, and they provide jsp/html
pages instead of jsf.
Finally I decided that if I am going to keep copying my data to
different tables (my schema is more complete supporting users, groups,
roles, access rights etc) to support glassfish then it is probably
better to use LDAP.
But there is no documentation on how to setup something like this.
There is no ldif file for the structure.
Where can I found information on how to setup glassfish with LDAP. How
to setup groups Roles and access control on the LDAP server that
glassfish can use?
How can I write jsf pages for user login/registration ?

just point me to the right direction(documents)

thank you

Nikolas