dev@glassfish.java.net

SQE BLocking Bug 14396: How should we run a standalone client on GF 3.1?

From: Ken <ken.cavanaugh_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 17:21:30 -0700

One of the bugs that Gopal has filed (issue 14396) concerns running IIOP
FOLB tests
from a standalone client. As far as I can tell, that is simply a J2SE
client
that include gf-client.jar in its classpath.

First question: Is anything else required to setup a standalone client?

The test that we have been trying basically does something like (this is
from the issue comments):

/export/jdk1.6.0_21/bin/java -Dcom.sun.appserv.iiop.endpoints=hat2k2:23700,hat2k2:23701,hat2k2:23702,hat2k2:23703
-Drmiregistry.host=hat2k2
-classpath /disk3/agentrepo/glassfish-samples/callback-service.jar
:/disk3/agentrepo/glassfish-samples/cart-ejb.jar
:/disk3/sfish-samples/cart-app-client.jar
:/disk3/glassfish3/glassfish/modules/gf-client.jar cart.client.CartFailoverClient

This fails with a stack trace in naming, which comes down to the fact that
org.glassfish.internal.api.Globals.defaultHabitat is set to null, apparently
because dependency injection did not happen. The code that is failing
is simply calling

habitat = Globals.getDefaultHabitat()

in the SerialInitContextFactory constructor.

So what else is needed to make this work?

Thanks,

Ken.