dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Behavior of asadmin stop-instance command

From: Tom Mueller <tom.mueller_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 13:55:15 -0500

  The decision from the admin iteam meeting yesterday was to make force
a hidden option for 3.1 (_force). This will facilitate further
development of the correct behavior in 3.2, which is to have all threads
either exit for be set as daemon threads. So there will be no --force
for 3.1. However, there will be a --kill on start-domain and
start-local-instance which does a forceful termination of the process
using OS capabilities, i.e., kill -9 on Unix.

Tom