dev@glassfish.java.net

Please review v3/pom.xml change for enforcing maven version as 2.2.1

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:24:21 +0530

Hi Jane/Sahoo

As we have recently modified the glassfish nexus repo to use JBoss
releases repo, resolution of Weld artifacts are done through the JBoss
repo. Maven 2.0.10 seems to use only the repository of the referenced
artifact to download its dependent artifacts. Since Weld parent pom.xml
is configured to have repositories not use released artifacts [1],
dependent released artifacts fail to resolve.

Maven 2.2.1 handles this scenario correctly by also using the repo
configured in the orginating artifact. I was also suggested that Maven
2.2.1 was the most widely used version for GlassFish (our hudson jobs
etc already use 2.2.1).

Please find the diffs to v3/pom.xml to enforce maven version to 2.2.1
and above.
Tests: I checked the effective pom to ensure 2.2.1 was required for all
artifacts and also ensured that if I try a build with Maven 2.0.10, it
failed with the right message.

Thanks
--Siva
[1] https://jira.jboss.org/browse/WELD-754