dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: javahelp.jar in glassfish/lib

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:46:58 +0530

On Friday 12 November 2010 04:52 AM, Bill Shannon wrote:
> But,
> it seems like we need a place to put libraries that aren't used by the
> server, and that doesn't require us to modify the library.
Agreed. It's upto packaging team to standardise the file system layout
and move as many non-server jars there as possible. I don't know when is
the right time to do this and how much of an effort it is. Snjezana is
the right person to decide I guess.

As you must have figured out, we only need to modify the jars if it must
be placed in lib/ for some reason and yet not be part of server runtime.

Thanks,
Sahoo