dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: javahelp.jar in glassfish/lib

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <snjezana.sevozenzerovic_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:23:00 -0800 (PST)

AFAIK, the only other thing that uses it is standalone upgrade tool so we shouldn't need it in server classloader. Now, the problem with repackaging and adding the exclude flag is that javahelp.jar is signed jar so we need to keep it as-is (there are also some JavaHelp licensing implications of doing any modification at all to the binary, but that's yet another story).

Sahoo, would it help if we simply move the jar into dedicated subdirectory of glassfish/lib, say glassfish/lib/javahelp and adjust verifier and upgrade tool classpaths accordingly?

Thanks,

Snjezana