dev@glassfish.java.net

Flag Day 10/18: incompatible change: create-node-* --installdir

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:25:21 -0700

On Monday Oct 18th I will be checking in a fix for:

13834 create-node-*: --installdir should be changed to top level GF directory

This fix will break compatibility with previous builds for the
create-node-* and update-node-* commands (as well as domain.xml).

These commands support the "--installdir" parameter to specify
the location of a GlassFish installation. Currently it must
point to the lower "glassfish" directory, as in
/opt/glassfish3/glassfish. But after my fix it must point to
the upper "glassfish3" directory. Before the change:

create-node-ssh --nodehost myhost --installdir /opt/glassfish3/glassfish n1

after the change:

create-node-ssh --nodehost myhost --installdir /opt/glassfish3 n1

This change breaks compatibility with earlier builds. Previous
domain.xml files won't work. Any scripts or tests that use the
"--installdir" option may need to be changed to remove the trailing
"glassfish".

I will be updating the admin CLI dev tests, and will run those and
quicklook before checking in.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but better that we fix this now
while we can.

Joe