dev@glassfish.java.net

where do logstrings go for AdminCommandContext logger

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:43:04 -0400

In an AdminCommand class in the gms adapter module, we have code like this:

    @Override
    public void execute(AdminCommandContext context) {
        ActionReport report = context.getActionReport();
        Logger logger = context.getLogger();
        // do something
    }

To i18n messages for that logger, where should the strings go?

Or should we not use that logger and instead make it a field in the class:

    private static final Logger logger = LogDomains.getLogger( etc )

I'm guessing that to keep the strings encapsulated in the module, we shouldn't be using the context logger.

Thanks,
Bobby