dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HELP: Need to add entry into default domain.xml (under <system-applications>)

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 11:58:24 -0400

Hi, Marek
> In June you wrote: "In v3, we no longer autodeploy and start system
> applications by default as part of the server start up (for
> performance reason). Things are done on demand."
>
> In retrospect, I might have misinterpreted this. I thought that if I
> register something as a system app, it will be "automagically" loaded
> lazily with the first request. Is that a correct assumtion or not?
No, it will not be loaded automatically. You have to code the logic to
have your system application loaded on demand.
For example, I think the loading of the timer service system application
is triggered by the loading of the first user application which uses
timer, and the loading of the MEJB system application is triggered by
the first look up on the MEJB.
> P.S. You can take it offline if you want, but I don't mind CCing dev
> mailing list as this conversation might be useful for other people
> too. I have tried to search the web before I wrote to the
> dev_at_glassfish alias, but I could not find any relevant information on
> this topic.

Yes, that's fine. We can keep the discussions on the dev alias.

Thanks,

- Hong