dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: HELP: Need to add entry into default domain.xml (under <system-applications>)

From: Potociar Marek <Marek.Potociar_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 17:43:41 +0200

Hi Hong,
In June you wrote: "In v3, we no longer autodeploy and start system
applications by default as part of the server start up (for
performance reason). Things are done on demand."

In retrospect, I might have misinterpreted this. I thought that if I
register something as a system app, it will be "automagically" loaded
lazily with the first request. Is that a correct assumtion or not?

Marek

P.S. You can take it offline if you want, but I don't mind CCing dev
mailing list as this conversation might be useful for other people
too. I have tried to search the web before I wrote to the
dev_at_glassfish alias, but I could not find any relevant information on
this topic.