dev@glassfish.java.net

GlassFishActivator no longer starting shell bundles

From: Richard S. Hall <heavy_at_ungoverned.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 13:58:42 -0400

  I just updated my trunk and it appears that the Felix shell bundles
are no longer being started by default. The
org.glassfish.kernel.GlassFishActivator class has been modified and
appears to no longer call startPostStartupBundles(), which is where the
relevant bundles were started.

An inner class of type GlassFish was previously used to do this in a
start() method:

     public synchronized void start() {
try {
status = Status.STARTING;
gfKernel.start();
status = Status.STARTED;
startPostStartupBundles();
         } catch (Exception e) {
throw new RuntimeException(e); // TODO(Sahoo): Proper Exception Handling
         }
     }

But this inner classes was extracted into a normal class called
com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.GlassFishImpl and its start() method does
this instead:

     public synchronized void start() {
         if (status == Status.STARTED) return;
         try {
             status = Status.STARTING;
             gfKernel.start();
             status = Status.STARTED;
         } catch (Exception e) {
             throw new RuntimeException(e); // TODO(Sahoo): Proper
Exception Handling
         }
     }

Notice the call to startPostStartupBundles() is missing. Anyone have any
idea what's going on here? The method call was probably removed to get
things to compile, since it is a private method in GlassFishActivator.
The inner class had access, but this class doesn't. So, it seems this
wasn't completely finalized or am I missing something?

-> richard