dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1: Milestone 5 tonight

From: Yamini K B <Yamini.Kb_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:38:32 +0530

The comment on hudson says revision 40867 is causing QL failure in GUI..

-Yamini

Anissa Lam wrote:
Hi Jane,

I am checking out a new workspace and look into it once it is built.

thanks
Anissa.

On 9/15/10 7:02 AM, Jane Young wrote:
The milestone 5 promoted build didn't happen last night because of  QL failures in the trunk.  The failures are in:

(1)  adminconsole_test:
[testng] Sep 15, 2010 5:52:40 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector isRedirectNeeded
   [testng] INFO: Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled
   [testng] FAILED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeTest loginBeforeTest("http://localhost:4848/", 8686)
   [testng] java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<http://localhost:4848/index.jsf> but was:<http://localhost:4848/>
   [testng] 	at test.admin.BaseAdminConsoleTest.loginBeforeTest(BaseAdminConsoleTest.java:153)
   [testng] ... Removed 24 stack frames
   [testng] PASSED: testDeployedAppPage
   [testng] PASSED: testCommonTasks
   [testng] PASSED: testRealmsList
   [testng]
   [testng] ===============================================
   [testng]     adminconsole_tests
   [testng]     Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
   [testng]     Configuration Failures: 1, Skips: 0
   [testng] ===============================================

(2) cluster_setup
[testng] FAILED: startInstanceTest
   [testng] java.lang.AssertionError: Start instance failed ... expected:<true> but was:<false>
   [testng] 	at test.clustersetup.ClusterSetupTest.startInstanceTest(ClusterSetupTest.java:99)
   [testng] ... Removed 26 stack frames
   [testng]
   [testng]     cluster_setup
   [testng]     Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Skips: 0

There are a lot of adminconsole commits last night.  It's hard to figure out which commit is causing the adminconsole failure.

The cluster_setup failure started with either svn rev  40873, 40874 or 40875.    I reverted 40873 but that didn't resolve the QL failure.  It's taking some time to revert changes locally and run QL tests.
In the worst case, I will revert all the commits starting from  7:00pm last night so  I can get a workspace with QL tests passing.

Please refrain from any commits in the trunk until QL is back to normal.  In the meantime, if you have any idea why QL is failing, please let me know.

Jane