dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: hudson, svn update, java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:39:36 -0400

On Aug 24, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Ed Burns wrote:
> Thanks. I'll see your Python script and raise you a perl script
> <http://pastebin.com/Nswrwsxd>.

Heh. I see the build step is missing though. ;)

I have a suggestion for you -- I just ran into this today. Svn had some checkout error about a directory already being present, so it couldn't be brought down (this was a brand-new checkout). Starting over fixed the error, but until then it put my script in an infinite loop of fail/update/fail/update/etc.

So you might want to put an upper limit on how many times it will try it. Make the limit large: my record is >50 updates needed to get a successful update of the GF workspace. Bonus task: printing the times that everything started/ended. Just for the sake of ranting, I like knowing when it took 2 hours and several updates to bring down as opposed to one quick successful checkout.

Cheers,
Bobby

p.s. First job I had at Sun was writing Perl. Now I just get confused reading it....