dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: domain.xml/hk2 broken

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 15:10:11 -0700

On 8/19/10 3:00 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
> Curiosier and curiosier...
>
> After the asadmin set operation on default-config,
> <ejb-timer-service> is gone from the server-config (because the code
> detects that is was empty anyway?). If I unset the value of the
> timer-datasource in the default-config, <ejb-timer-service> is no
> longer available there as well (for the same reason?).
>
> As I was always testing on a fresh install before,

So it means that our tests are not relevant (or only for a very few use
cases with a fresh installs...) I guess our real users would almost
never play with a fresh install, only the first time...

Bottom line, maybe tests need to be added that first activate a tiny bit
a server, stop the server, and then do the real testing...
Same for App Deployement which is ususally done once!!! The real tests
are in iterative redeployment...:-)

I did not look yet, but if it is the same case...
Ludo