dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: domain.xml/hk2 broken

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:32:19 -0700

Justin Lee wrote:
> I'm all for not saving defaulted attribute values. But not saving
> elements simply because all the attributes have defaulted values is not
> working.

I agree with Justin on this. We ran into the same problem with
SSH support on nodes and ended up hacking around it by always
forcing an attribute of the child element to have a value.

An element with all attributes defaulted is not the same thing
as no element at all. We need to be able to tell the difference.

Joe