dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: domain.xml/hk2 broken

From: Jerome Dochez <jerome.dochez_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:27:26 -0700

On Aug 19, 2010, at 9:13 AM, Justin Lee wrote:

> Adding an @NotNull there would mean that element would always be there and that's not what we need.
right, I agree there is a difference between these two possibilities. I am not sure I want to revert the feature completely, I can certainly think of a few ways to selectively write or not empty elements. Remember that all this was triggered by the REST layer which is happily creating empty elements just for browsing purposes.

I need to check with Ludo on a few things, especially about side effects of what he is doing and I will keep everyone posted afterwards.

jerome