dev@glassfish.java.net

domain.xml/hk2 broken

From: Justin Lee <justin.d.lee_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:10:52 -0400

  The practice of not writing out elements whose attributes are all
default values (essentially empty nodes) breaks thing silently. If I
create a protocol then create the nested element "http-redirect" with
default values, the <http-redirect> is not written out to domain.xml.
However, it remains visible in memory so that subsequent attempts to
create that same element fail properly. When restarting glassfish, that
element does not exist in the document and is not recreated in memory on
restart thereby breaking the configuration. We need to have that
feature rolled back. I can file an issue against this with these
details, I just need to know if I should file against glassfish or hk2.
But it's definitely a problem.