dev@glassfish.java.net

3.1 Cluster: appclient throws Naming Exception Resolving EJB

From: Harshad Vilekar <harshad.vilekar_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:00:26 -0700

Hi,

I've a two instance cluster (GlassFish 3.1, B16, nightly) running on a
single node. A simple HelloWorld EJB is deployed on a cluster, and I run
app client with -targetserver option. It throws Exception (see attached
file for details).

Do I need to do any specific setup ? Here are the steps used:
=================
1. asadmin start-domain

2. asadmin create-cluster c1

3. asadmin create-local-instance --cluster c1 in1

Port Assignments for server instance in1:
JMX_SYSTEM_CONNECTOR_PORT=28686
JMS_PROVIDER_PORT=27676
HTTP_LISTENER_PORT=28080
ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT=24848
IIOP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=23820
IIOP_LISTENER_PORT=23700
HTTP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=28181
IIOP_SSL_MUTUALAUTH_PORT=23920

4. asadmin create-local-instance --cluster c1 in2

Port Assignments for server instance in2:
JMX_SYSTEM_CONNECTOR_PORT=28687
JMS_PROVIDER_PORT=27677
HTTP_LISTENER_PORT=28081
ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT=24849
IIOP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=23821
IIOP_LISTENER_PORT=23701
HTTP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=28182
IIOP_SSL_MUTUALAUTH_PORT=23921

5. asadmin start-local-instance in1

6. asadmin start-local-instance in2

7. asadmin deploy --target c1 --force ./OrbFailOver-ejb.jar

8. appclient -client ./OrbFailOver-app-client.jar -targetserver
localhost:23700,localhost:23701 -name OrbFailOver-app-client

< this fails, see attached file>
================================

The same EJB / AppClient combination works fine when #7 and #8 is
changed to:

7. asadmin deploy --force ./OrbFailOver-ejb.jar

8. appclient -client ./OrbFailOver-app-client.jar -name
OrbFailOver-app-client

< this works fine>

Thanks for any suggestions,

Harshad