dev@glassfish.java.net

Flag Day: rename of "nodeagents" dir to "nodes"

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:12:11 -0700

Well, a small flag day at least...

I just checked in a change for the following issue:

12640 Rename "nodeagents" dir to "nodes"

To state the obvious, this changed the name of the "nodeagents"
dir to "nodes".

With this change GlassFish will not be able to run on instances
created with earlier 3.1 builds. You either need to create new
instances or rename the "nodeagents" directory to "nodes" manually.
The code handles renaming the directory on v2 upgrades, but
not from earlier 3.1 builds.

Let me know if you see any problems other then this. I ran
quicklook and the admin dev tests, but it's always possible
I missed something.

You can confirm a problem is caused by my change by creating
a "nodeagents" symlink that points to "nodes":

$ cd glassfish-install-root
$ ln -s nodes nodeagents

If that clears up the problem then it confirms I missed
something. Let me know!

Thanks and apologies in advance if this causes anybody
problems.

Joe