dev@glassfish.java.net

Feature Announcement

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 11:25:52 -0700

By request I'm announcing a feature that was released with MS2 (3-4
weeks ago).

You don't need to specify any ports as system properties when you create
instances. We will do that for you automatically.

You still are allowed to specify them if you want specific ports, but
you don't have to. THis is especially handy if you are a developer and
create instances frequently and don't care what the port values are.

OLD:
asadmin create-local-instance --cluster c1 --systemproperties
HTTP_LISTENER_PORT=18080:HTTP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=18181:
IIOP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=13800:
IIOP_LISTENER_PORT=13700:JMX_SYSTEM_CONNECTOR_PORT=17676:
IIOP_SSL_MUTUALAUTH_PORT=13801:JMS_PROVIDER_PORT=18686:ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT=14848
in1

New:
asadmin create-local-instance --cluster c1 in1

While I'm announcing things -- restart-instance is now supported:

asadmin restart-instance

And you can turn on (or off) JPDA debugging like so with a restart:

asadmin restart-instance --debug
asadmin restart-domain --debug=false

--
Byron Nevins  -  Oracle Corporation