dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse + Glassfish V3 + Linux = Nightmare

From: JeffGetzin <jgetzin_at_cantor.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:11:58 -0700 (PDT)

Sanjeeb Sahoo wrote:

> A bundle is a unit of deployment in OSGi. It is packaged as a jar file.
> In GlassFish, there are a couple of ways to deploy it, viz:
> a) copy the bundle jar to domain1/autodeploy/bundles/
> b) asadmin deploy --type=osgi <jar file>
>
> Sahoo

Sahoo,

  Ah, that makes sense. Could it also be installed by selecting packages
from the Update Tool? I believe I had them install all the available updates
(seeing as I didn't know which were necessary). Might that have caused this
bundle to be installed?

   Thanks for all your help, buddy. I definitely owe you one!

      Jeff

P.S. Do you happen to know of a good book on the subject which I can use as
a crash course on all the necessary things in Glassfish? I have an advanced
computer science background, and have actually written a few operating
systems in my day. It's not the concepts that are difficult for me, but the
specific of this operating system: the specific libraries, plug-ins, config
files, and the like. Is there a good book out there somewhere that would
give me this kind of necessary education?