dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse + Glassfish V3 + Linux = Nightmare

From: JeffGetzin <jgetzin_at_cantor.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 05:01:54 -0700 (PDT)

Sahoo wrote:

> I don't think you have a brand new installation of glassfish on your
> linux system, because we don't ship osgi-http.jar by default in any of
> the distributions and I see the following exception quite a few times in
> your log:
>
> /Unresolved constraint in bundle org.glassfish.osgi-http [264]: package;
> (&(package=com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans)(version>=3.1.0))
> /
>
> which indicates that you have added osgi-http.jar into your system and
> that too the wrong version. It seems you have org.glassfish.osgi-http
> bundle version > 3.0 to a GlassFish v3 build. You should deploy
> org.glassfish.osgi-http bundle version 3.0 to get rid of those exceptions.

> Sahoo

Sahoo,

Thank you so much for you help. This is very helpful.

Your suggestion begs one of my other questions, however: what IS a "bundle"
and how does one "deploy" it? Is it something as simple as downloading a jar
and putting it in a specific location, or is it different from that?

Thanks again for your help!

   Take care,
       Jeff