dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: debugging ClassNotFoundException runtime exception in hk2/OSGi?

From: Richard S. Hall <heavy_at_ungoverned.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:20:46 -0400

On 6/30/10 12:13, Tim Quinn wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> On 6/30/10 10:16, Bobby Bissett wrote:
>>> Ah, despite the name being singular, multiple packages are included
>>> in the Export-Package element.
>>
>> Yes, you can export any number of packages, just like you can import
>> any number.
>>
>>> Is there some requirement that two modules can't export the same
>>> package?
>>
>> No.
>
> Although isn't this the so-called "split package" situation which
> we've tried to avoid?

Right, it wasn't clear that was the situation being described. Different
bundles can provide the same package, they are just treated as multiple
providers of the same package, but only one is generally selected.
Splitting a single package across multiple bundles (i.e., a split
package) requires special handling and should be avoided.

-> richard