dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: debugging ClassNotFoundException runtime exception in hk2/OSGi?

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:49:18 -0400

On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:20 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Right, it wasn't clear that was the situation being described.
> Different bundles can provide the same package, they are just
> treated as multiple providers of the same package, but only one is
> generally selected. Splitting a single package across multiple
> bundles (i.e., a split package) requires special handling and should
> be avoided

This is exactly the case in which we found ourselves. We were
splitting a workspace into two modules (api and impl) and there was
just one class in a certain package in the api module that was heavily
impl dependent. So it was moved to the impl module since it wasn't
needed explicitly by other modules in GF. And then I entered my OSGI
purgatory...

Hopefully we're on track to have this resolved (am building GF now).
It will be a nice change to actually work on Java instead of xml/mvn/
osgi.

Cheers,
Bobby