dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: REST API and slashes in resource names

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 14:41:54 -0700

Jason Lee wrote on 05/28/10 02:24 PM:
>> Possibly we could use html encoding?
> The HTML encoding of '/' is '/' unless I'm missing something. :)

I meant &slash; or whatever the html equivalent is.

>> Or even modified UTF-7 from RFC 3501?
> I'm not familiar with that.

It's kind of ugly, but it was created for a similar purpose.
Read the RFC for details:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3501#section-5.1.3

> What about Andreas' {jndi/foo} suggestion? If we were on git with its
> easy, lightweight local branches, I'd try that approach as well. As it
> is, I'll wait for feedback. :)

No git, hg is the way of the future! :-)

I don't see how "{jndi/foo}" solves the original problem.
Doesn't that just look like two elements in the URL name -
"{jndi" and "foo}"?