dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Debugging Glassfish itself

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 13:55:47 -0400

On May 4, 2010, at 12:52 PM, Stijn de Witt wrote:

> The issue I have is that my JDBCRealm setup seems Ok (I see realm
> being loaded) but I am unable to login. I have manually inserted a
> username and password in the DB (and set digest to none) but still
> it will not let me in with those credentials. The error messages are
> really vague (basically it just throws generic LoginException) so
> that is why I wanted to debug.

In many cases, the fastest way to solve this isn't with the debugger.
Head on over to your friendly admin console, go to the logging page,
and turn the security logging up to finest. Then try to log in again
and quickly turn the logging back down to info. Check the server log
and you'll see what specific error caused the problem.

Cheers,
Bobby