dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Wiki best practice

From: Vince Kraemer <vince.kraemer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:51:01 -0700

I had converted a couple URLs to relative references on
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs.

Those changes got reverted by someone... for some reason.

I sat down to try to figure out, "Why?" and did come up with two good
reasons for the use of explicit urls...

1. An explicit URL gets decorated with the little red 'eject' arrow.
2. Relative page references are getting styled to look exactly like the
text that surrounds them... so you cannot tell that a word or phrase is
a link unless you mouse over it AND notice that the pointer changes to
the little hand... This may be an 'only in a table' problem.

vbk