dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: 3rd party source build with dependencies

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:35:46 -0500

On Dec 3, 2009, at 7:40 AM, Jane Young wrote:

> Have you tried the native build? Not sure if it's doable. At least
> there are links to download the tools. Looks like there are some
> manual steps like modifying the Makefile for mozilla and gecko
> environments. Can this be automated?

Looking at that more closely, it looks to me like jdic depends on code
in mozilla and gecko. Unless we're going to try to build those from
sources as well, jdic cannot be built from scratch alonq with its
dependencies. Do we really want to port those sources to the
workspace? Who knows what they depend on....

Bobby