dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Changing Stdout/Stderr loggers

From: Carla Mott <Carla.Mott_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:06:47 -0800

Hi Scott,

Jerome and I were just talking about this general issue the other day.
That is the usage of anonymous loggers in v3. The conclusion was that
we'd go through the code and figure out which anonymous loggers can be
changed to use a GF logger. The logging service is one of the first
services to start up but it is not the first. I believe one issue is
that we can have messages that need to be logged before the logging
service is started.

I'll look into changing the loggers that are used for std out/err to not
be anonymous loggers. Most likely will not happen for v3 unless you can
convince Jerome that it should.

Carla