dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: kernel and config-api dependencies in top level pom.xml

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:18:09 -0700

Hi Mahesh,

Since org.glassfish.orb:orb-connector and
org.glassfish.admin:config-api, org.glassfish.core:kernel and
org.glassfish.tests:utils are built in the same project, it should be
fine to specify <version>${project.version}</version>.

The purpose of using the dependencyManagement is so that v3 modules
reference the same version of the external artifacts. The external
dependencies are centralized in one pom.xml. For example, we don't
want dependencies of different verisions of Grizzly or other external
artifacts referenced in multiple pom.xml in v3 workspace since this will
create a havoc in packager figuring out which version of artifact to bundle.

If it's okay with you, I would like to remove these dependencies from
dependencyManagement.

Thanks,
Jane