dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: !!!!! Re: V3 build broken on Mac: Trace/BPT trap or Segmentation fault

From: Rebecca Searls <Rebecca.Searls_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:35:56 -0400

> I blew away the maven repository and it then built.
This is an important info point. Because you started
with a clean repository, it pulled in something that
the others are out of sync with. If the others
removed their local repositories and built they
most likely would start having the same problem.

I've had this happen on several occasions on another
project.

Removing the repository and then building should be incorporated
into the stnd build cycle in the future as a means to catch these
issues. Doing it once a week or once a month would be prudent.