dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: the v2 compatibility property

From: Vince Kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:16:21 -0700

On 10/28/09 23:46, Bill Shannon wrote:
> [snip]
> My understanding was that the issue we're talking about only effects
> ear files. As I said above, I agree that having a way to set this
> property in the sun-application.xml file would be good.
>
> But I'm still interested in the details of when NetBeans packages jar
> files in the root of the ear file with the expectation that they'll
> be available to all modules in the ear file, and why the NetBeans
> developer who implemented it that way thought that was a good thing
> to do.

I do not think NetBeans has ever packaged "jar files in the root of the
ear file with the expectation that they will be available to all modules
in the ear file".

NetBeans has added Class-Path entries to the manifest of modules to
explicitly describe the references since NB 4.1, which shipped in May
2005. That is the method described in J2EE 8.2, "Optional Package
Support". This method has also been described as part of the spec for
Java EE 5 and Java EE 6.

vbk