dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: slf4j Osgi Load Issues

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:10:18 -0700

RH> On 10/28/09 12:21, Roger Kitain wrote:
RK> One of the changes that Weld had done (recently) is move away from
RK> commons logging to slf4j.
RK> We may now need to add slf4j osgi bundles in GlassFish V3 .
RK> These bundles are available at:
RK> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/
RK> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-jdk14/1.5.9-RC0/
RK>
RK> I did try to install these bundles under glassfish/modules, but it
RK> barfed with the following error:

RK> Is 1.5.9-RC0 an invalid version in the eyes of felix osgi?

RH> Yes. It should be 1.5.9.RC0...

Ok, now I already have source build working for slf4j because Bean
Validator depends on it, HOWEVER, the slf4j artifacts are manually
included into the bean-validator.jar OSGi module.

If we have another top level module that depends on slf4j, it makes
sense for both of those modules to depend on the source level one
and make it a separate jar.

Roger, can you please reply to this mail and tell me the exact slf4j-api
and slf4j-jdk14 versions weld requires?

Ed