dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please review orb-connector/pom.xml (and osgi.bundle) changes

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:35:35 -0700

Jerome Dochez wrote:
> I thought gmbal was only necessary to the web distribution. Ken, why
> do we need 300Kb of corba in web distribution ?
>
> thanks, jerome

As I said, transactions needed the contents of omgapi. This is mostly
IDL-generated code for various
transactions packages. I don't know if we could split this up somehow;
that depends
on how the transactions code is structure between the web and glassfish
distributions.
CCing Marina about that.

Mostly the ORB doesn't even care about the contents of omgapi, except
for org.omg.CORBA.ORB
which we need to modify to fix issue 8595 (which is causing CTS problems).
Note that we had to put the entire org.omg.CORBA package into omgapi
(it's in the JDK) in order
to avoid a split package problem, because the OMG long ago (10 years
now) defined a couple
of classes that go into org.omg.CORBA for transactions support, which we
never included in the
JDK.

Ken.