dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Action : SEVERE, WARNING, INFO log messages

From: Sekhar Vajjhala <Sekhar.Vajjhala_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 12:38:34 -0400

Bill Shannon wrote:
> Sekhar Vajjhala wrote on 10/16/09 13:32:
>> Bill Shannon wrote:
>>> How do you know if a message is *supposed* to have a message id?
>> The assumption I am making is that all messages in the file being
>> analyzed
>> (e.g. LogStrings.properties) must have a message id .
>
> But that's not true.
The serviceability page
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3LoggingServiceability

states that Any SEVERE, WARNING, INFO messages must have a message ID .

The page
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3LoggingMessageFormat
states that all messages in LogStrings.properties must have a message ID.

The diag.cause.* and diag.check.* messages don't are not required to have a
message ID, but these are already filtered out by the tool.

So, what other messages can be in resource bundles /
LogStrings.properties that