dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Action : SEVERE, WARNING, INFO log messages

From: Sekhar Vajjhala <Sekhar.Vajjhala_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 16:32:00 -0400

Bill Shannon wrote:
> The tool seems to be checking both the src and target directories.
You are correct. I can remove the target directories from the output.

> How do you know if a message is *supposed* to have a message id?
The assumption I am making is that all messages in the file being analyzed
(e.g. LogStrings.properties) must have a message id .

> Red and green text is not the best choice of colors. Better to add
> text or separate the output into two lists.

What is the problem with red and green ? After I sent the message, I did
notice that the colors (green in particular) was hard to read on another
display ( not my PC). I still like the color encoding scheme. Perhaps I
can
look at web safe colors.

> Assuming the tool can produce accurate output, it should use svn to find
> out who last changed the line with the missing message id and send that
> person email telling them to fix it. For extra credit, automatically
> create a bug report to track the issue. :-)
I will defer this for now until I get through other issues.

Sekhar