dev@glassfish.java.net

virtual-server<->network-listener mapping

From: Oleksiy Stashok <Oleksiy.Stashok_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:55:19 +0200

Hi,

yesterday, during the eng. meeting I've mentioned about certain
inconsistency we're having in subj.

In GFv2 the situation was following:

virtual-server referenced list of supported http-listeners,
http-listener had a reference to default virtual-server

In GFv3 the situation is different:

virtual-server references list of supported network-listeners,
network-listener has a reference to protocol (which MAY be HTTP
protocol, but may be not)
HTTP protocol has reference to default virtual-server

So, besides inconsistency, we also have a problem - network-listener
may be bound to protocol, which is not HTTP and in this case virtual-
server can not reference such a network-listener.

I think the easiest solution we can apply here - is to make virtual-
server reference HTTP protocol, not network-listener. Can we do that?

Thanks.

WBR,
Alexey.