dev@glassfish.java.net

Copyright notices (was Re: pom change review request (long but simple))

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:34:04 -0500

Bill Shannon wrote:
> Carla Carlson wrote:
>> developers are responsible for updating their copyright years. You
>> need to update the year when you
>> update a file.
>
> Where "update the year" means changing
>
> Copyright 2008

> Copyright 2008-2009
>
> The first copyright year always remains and the last copyright year
> is added or updated.
IANAL, but in general isn't the form a comma-separated list whose
elements are either a single year or a range, with a range indicating
that changes were made in every one of the years in that range?

So

Copyright 2004, 2007-2009

means changes occurred in '04, '07, '08, and '09, which has a different
meaning from

Copyright 2004-2009

although I have no idea what the real legal implications would be.

- Tim