dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin vs java -jar

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:51:18 -0400

Kedar,

Thanks for the info. I'll switch back to asadmin when we can but will
use "java -jar" till then. I wanted to ask a little more specifically:

>> Also, are there versions of --user and --password file to use here?
>> I can't find them and it seems to accept anything I try.
>
> For startup, user name and password is not required for v3.
>
> 1 - http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3AdminSecurity#section-GlassFishV3AdminSecurity-MasterPasswordRelatedChanges

Just wanted to make very sure -- this also applies to the case of
upgrade, right? The upgrade tool starts up "asadmin --upgrade" and
passes in a v2 domain. There's no case where a specific password is
needed for that domain. It appears so, but I want to check that the
password goes along with the server and not the domain. Sorry if it
seems like an obvious question, but this probably means I need to make
a UI change in the upgrade tool.

Thanks,
Bobby