dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: QL failures

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:30:30 -0700

I was suggesting a temporary disablement so others can continue with
their chores. It's lame too to expect a known failure to show up.
So, I vote for (temporarily) disabling it.

Lloyd Chambers wrote:
> Abhijit is trending strongly towards disabling the test for this reason
> (confusion).
>
> They indicate real problem with the ORB MBeans, but not problems that
> affect the overall server operation.
>
> So what it comes down to is what our policy in removing tests that
> detect real problems? I think it's kinda lame to have tests, then turn
> them off when real problems crop up.
>
> My other suggestion was to have the test itself emit a message
> indicating that it is a known issue.

But still, I won't know if the failure is because of the fact that
there is a known cause for it or because my changes are (also) causing
it.