dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: QL failures

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 14:16:40 -0700

Abhijit is trending strongly towards disabling the test for this
reason (confusion).

They indicate real problem with the ORB MBeans, but not problems that
affect the overall server operation.

So what it comes down to is what our policy in removing tests that
detect real problems? I think it's kinda lame to have tests, then
turn them off when real problems crop up.

My other suggestion was to have the test itself emit a message
indicating that it is a known issue.

I have NOT seen amxtest.AMXCoreTests.iterateAllSanityCheck() fail, so
that one needs looking into.

Lloyd

On Sep 4, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Kedar Mhaswade wrote:

> I get the failure with:
> amxtest.AMXCoreTests:testAMXComplianceMonitorFailureCount
>
> It's not clear if that's the same as the one reported in 9355.
>
> BTW, can we temporarily disable the test so that we get a clean
> run every time? When the bug is fixed, we can re-enable it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jane Young wrote:
>> I know #2 is a known issue. See IT 9355
>> and
>> http://gf-hudson.sfbay.sun.com/hudson/job/gf-trunk-build-continuous/2205/artifact/bundles/QL-GP-report.html
>> I'm not sure about #1. Are you getting total of 2 failures or 1?
>
>> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to make sure that Felix 2.0 is ready for release. My
>>> latest run comes up with the following QL failures:
>>>
>>> 1. iterateAllSanityCheck
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>> at amxtest.AMXCoreTests.iterateAllSanityCheck
>>> (AMXCoreTests.java:94)
>>> 2. testAMXComplianceMonitorFailureCount