dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Stricter JAR visibility requirements in EE 6 vs GlassFish v2 behavior

From: Roberto Chinnici <Roberto.Chinnici_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:11:04 -0700

Jerome Dochez wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2009, at 10:07 AM, Sahoo wrote:
>
>> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>>>
>>> if you are not deterred with option 1 then I think we should just
>>> carry on like this. This is the safest option for our users, and we
>>> should print a Warning so next release we remote the flag and feature.
>> Jerome,
>>
>> Did you mean option 1 or 2? Unless I am missing something, option #1
>> can lead to broken applications after upgrade. Is it safer than
>> option #2?
>>
> yes of course, I meant using the flag.

So this only applies to applications already deployed when we upgrade,
and for all other apps, we follow EE 6 by default and if your app breaks
you need to specify the flag? I'd be OK with that, I guess, but what
makes you think you'll ever be able to remove the flag? That would imply
that one day an app that ran on v2 (by default) and on v3 (with the
flag) will absolutely not run unmodified on v4.

--Roberto