dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: jvm options in v2 that are not in v3 (upgrade related)

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:30:41 -0400

> I can confirm that the "com.sun.enterprise.taglibs" and
> "com.sun.enterprise.taglisteners"
> jvm options are no longer needed in v3.

Thanks, that's good to know.

One thing I hadn't noticed before is that there are 4 jvm options in
v3 that aren't in v2 (the opposite of the direction I looked). Unless
someone has any objection, which I doubt, I'll also be recommending
that these are added to a v2 domain.xml file before upgrading:

<jvm-options>-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-XX:+LogVMOutput</jvm-options>
<jvm-options>-XX:LogFile=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/logs/jvm.log</jvm-
options>
<jvm-options>-DANTLR_USE_DIRECT_CLASS_LOADING=true</jvm-options>

Cheers,
Bobby