dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3] Update on SCF date

From: Abhijit Kumar <Abhijit.Kumar_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:38:15 -0700

Folks,

In view of the java.net downtime this weekend and delay in some features
(listed below), we are going to move the feature freeze date (SCF) by 1
week to August 31, 2009. We are not making any changes to the rest of
schedule, so the modules that are already feature complete (or will be
by tuesday, allowing for one extra day to account for java.net
downtime), should move into bug fixing phase as soon as possible.

Here are the features that will need the extra time after tuesday

    * Integration of JSR-330 (through JSR-299) implementation
    * Embedded GlassFish and EJB container implementation.
    * Upgrade
    * New commands for grizzly configuration to account for port
      unification changes.
    * Common thread pool based on grizzly
    * Lazy initialization for ORB.

If there are other features that will not be done by tuesday, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Abhijit