dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin list-jndi-entries in v3

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:42:00 -0700

Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine wrote on 8/19/09 1:34 AM:
> list-jndi-entries in v3 (b59) requires an explicit "target" (v2.x does
> not) :
>
>> % bin/asadmin --help list-jndi-entries
>>
>> NAME :
>> list-jndi-entries -
>>
>> SYNOPSIS :
>> list-jndi-entries [--context=context] target
>>
>> OPTIONS :
>> --context
>>
>> OPERANDS :
>>
>> Command list-jndi-entries executed successfully.
>
> Is "target" necessarily a domain name?
> If it is, could this command not require the domain name if there's only
> a domain1 present (like start-domain does)?
> If not, online help should hint what else can be provided.

"target" should be optional.

One of the items on the admin TODO list is to make sure all admin
commands that take a target have it marked as optional.

The fix is simple. In
admin/monitor/src/main/java/org/glassfish/admin/monitor/cli/ListJndiEntries.java

Change

    @Param(primary = true, defaultValue =
SystemPropertyConstants.DEFAULT_SERVER_INSTANCE_NAME)
    String target;

    @Param(primary = true, optional = true, defaultValue =
SystemPropertyConstants.DEFAULT_SERVER_INSTANCE_NAME)
    String target;

I'll check in a fix for the code in this case. Can someone take care
of the man page? I can't find it in the v3 sources.