dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA in embedded GF?

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 23:41:39 -0700

Jerome Dochez wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
>
>> Now that you added another test case, I see that I need to call
>> separately setInstallRoot() for GF installation and
>> setConfigurationFile() for domain.xml ;)
>>
>> But(!)
>>
>> 1. The default setup (e.g. EmbeddedTest or UnitTest without my temp
>> changes) fail with NPE in binding and lookup caused by:
>>

>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Orb initialization erorr
>> at org .glassfish .enterprise
>> .iiop.api.GlassFishORBHelper.getORB(GlassFishORBHelper.java:128)
>> at com .sun .enterprise
>> .naming.impl.SerialContext.getRemoteProvider(SerialContext.java:294)
>> at com .sun
>> .enterprise.naming.impl.SerialContext.getProvider(SerialContext.java:
>> 269)
>> ... 28 more
>> at org .glassfish .enterprise
>> .iiop.api.GlassFishORBHelper.getORB(GlassFishORBHelper.java:98)
>> ... 30 more
>
> I have no idea what's going on, I will need Ken Saks to look at it.
>

>> 2. If I try to set install root and config file, the ports are beeing
>> open and the server doesn't even get to deployment:
>>
>> INFO: GlassFish v3 startup time : Embedded(2728ms) startup
>> services(3792ms) total(6520ms)
>> Jul 22, 2009 6:08:29 PM com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup
>> run
>> SEVERE: Shutting down v3 due to startup exception : Address already
>> in use: 8080=com.sun.grizzly.http.SelectorThreadHandler_at_1609c13
>> Jul 22, 2009 6:08:29 PM
>> org.glassfish.admin.mbeanserver.JMXStartupService shutdown
>> INFO: ConnectorStartupService: shutting down AMX and JMX
>> Jul 22, 2009 6:08:29 PM
>> org.glassfish.admin.mbeanserver.JMXStartupService
>> $JMXConnectorsStarterThread shutdown
>> INFO: Stopped JMXConnectorServer: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://
>> uphill:8686/jmxrmi
>> Jul 22, 2009 6:08:29 PM AppServerStartup run
>>
>> Note that there is no other gf instance running at that time.
>
> I have an idea of what might be going on here... did you instantiate
> any embedded Port here ?

I'm doing this:

Server.Builder builder = new Server.Builder("GFEJBContainerProviderImpl");
... creating Files for gf install and domain.xml...
EmbeddedFileSystem.Builder efsb = new EmbeddedFileSystem.Builder();
efsb.setInstallRoot(installed_root);
efsb.setConfigurationFile(domain_file);
builder.setEmbeddedFileSystem(efsb.build());
server = builder.build();

-marina