dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA in embedded GF?

From: Kenneth Saks <Kenneth.Saks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:24:03 -0400

On Jul 23, 2009, at 2:41 AM, Marina Vatkina wrote:

> Jerome Dochez wrote:
>> On Jul 22, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
>>> Now that you added another test case, I see that I need to call
>>> separately setInstallRoot() for GF installation and
>>> setConfigurationFile() for domain.xml ;)
>>>
>>> But(!)
>>>
>>> 1. The default setup (e.g. EmbeddedTest or UnitTest without my
>>> temp changes) fail with NPE in binding and lookup caused by:
>>>

>>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Orb initialization erorr
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .glassfish
>>> .enterprise
>>> .iiop.api.GlassFishORBHelper.getORB(GlassFishORBHelper.java:128)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise
>>> .naming.impl.SerialContext.getRemoteProvider(SerialContext.java:
>>> 294)
>>> at
>>> com
>>> .sun
>>> .enterprise
>>> .naming.impl.SerialContext.getProvider(SerialContext.java: 269)
>>> ... 28 more
>>> at
>>> org
>>> .glassfish
>>> .enterprise
>>> .iiop.api.GlassFishORBHelper.getORB(GlassFishORBHelper.java:98)
>>> ... 30 more
>> I have no idea what's going on, I will need Ken Saks to look at it.

This looks like the same issue as a couple weeks ago.
SerialContext.getRemoteProvider() shouldn't apply in server mode so
the ProcessEnvironment must be set incorrectly. The secondary issue
is that when GlassFishORBHelper.getORB() is called, either
habitat.getByContract(GlassFishORBFactory.class) is returning null or
postConstruct is not called.