dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: message-security-config discrepancies

From: Kumar Jayanti <Vbkumar.Jayanti_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:36:38 +0530

Anissa Lam wrote:

> I have some questions regarding <message-security-config>
>
> sun-domain_1_3.dtd specifies
>
> /<!ENTITY % message-layer "(SOAP | HttpServlet)">
> <!ELEMENT security-service
> (auth-realm+, jacc-provider+, audit-module*,
> message-security-config*, property*)>
> <!ATTLIST message-security-config
> auth-layer %message-layer; #REQUIRED
> default-provider CDATA #IMPLIED
> default-client-provider CDATA #IMPLIED>/
>
> Kumar mentioned user can create as many as they want.
It maynot be as many as they want (i should have been more clear) but
there have to be atleast 2 one for message-layer SOAP and another one
for HttpServlet.
> However, in CLI, there is no create-message-security-config
> command. (both v2 and v3)
The command in V2 is :
Usage: create-message-security-provider [--terse=false] [--echo=false]
[--interactive=true] [--host localhost] [--port 4848|4849] [--secure |
-s] [--user admin_user] [--passwordfile file_name] [--target
target(Default server)] --classname provider_class [--layer
message_layer=SOAP] [--providertype provider_type] [--requestauthsource
request_auth_source] [--requestauthrecipient request_auth_recipient]
[--responseauthsource response_auth_source] [--responseauthrecipient
response_auth_recipient] [--isdefaultprovider] [--property
(name=value)[:name=value]*] provider_name

And you can see the message_layer argument there which is defaulted to SOAP.

> In MessageSecurityConfig.java, it is declared as Singleton:
>
> @org.glassfish.api.amx.AMXConfigInfo(
> amxInterfaceName="com.sun.appserv.management.config.MessageSecurityConfig",
> singleton=true)
> @Configured
> public interface MessageSecurityConfig extends ConfigBeanProxy,
> Injectable
>
> So, how can we have a message-security-config with a
> message-layer of "HttpServlet" ?

I guess this needs to be corrected
> Is <message-security-config> a singleton ?

No.

regards,
kumar