dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [Fwd: Re: V3 start-domain failing for the latest build]

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:33:45 -0700

Jane Young wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> Webservices (webservices-osgi.jar) is an external artifact. GlassFish
> v3 workspace has no control on which version of gmbal that
> webservices-osgi.jar is packaged with. Even though GlassFish v3
> defines the gmbal dependency on 3.0.0-b004, webservices may have
> dependency on version 3.0.0-b003 (or other version) in their
> webservices-osgi artifact. Currently version 2.0-b10 is used in
> GlassFish v3 and I'm not sure if that version of webservices-osgi is
> using the latest gmbal artifact.
> Stripping out gmbal packages in webservices-osgi artifact is not a
> full-proof solution. The only way right now is to ask the person who
> integrates webservices in GlassFishv3 to make sure that the same
> version of gmbal is used in both places. This is a requirement that
> we'll have to ask the webservices team to do.
>
> Do you have other idea?
Not really. Ideally webservices should be able to import a version of
gmbal and be independent of a different module
that imports another version of gmbal, but that is apparently not
working in this case.

Lacking a technical solution, we need to make sure that all GFv3 users
of gmbal are represented on the gmbal email alias
(dev_at_gmbal.kenai.com seems best at this point) so that we can at least
co-ordinate the announcement of new releases,
and make sure everyone knows when a new release is available, and is
being included into GFv3.

Ken.